Over the past three years, the College of Medicine’s Food Conference has become the leading UK event on food, lifestyle and medicine and is a “must attend” for all healthcare professionals, who want to know how to create a healthier future for our patients, communities and nation.
The 2019 conference will focus on:
- The latest insight on the biome and the relationship of food to our major lifestyle conditions
- Supporting healthy eating throughout our communities and nation
- Transforming the clinician and patient relationship including the 10 min consultation
- Creating a stronger coalition of stakeholders to reverse the current situation whereby those who most need healthy food are the least likely to be able to either access it or want it.
The Conference will include presenters who represent some of the leading experts and leaders in food, lifestyle and medicine as well as senior politicians from the largest political parties. As in previous years, it is a conference that will “walk the talk” including a healthy lunch and positive interaction with the audience but with a sharp focus on bringing about effective change at every level.
- Healthy lunch, snacks and refreshments
- Food on Prescription support materials
- Leading exhibitors in food, health and lifestyle
- Access to College of Medicine experts and resources
- Drinks reception after the conference
There are a limited number of bursaries available for medical students, junior doctors, GPs and GPs in training only. For further details, and to apply for a bursary, please click here. Successful applicants will be informed within twenty-eight days of the bursary deadline date (30th April 2019 for those wishing to attend the College’s foundation course in July) and will then be allocated their place. You are not required to purchase a ticket in order to apply for the bursary.