Everyone deserves to be happy and healthy in later life. However, the ageing process isn’t easy for many people; it can bring physical, mental and emotional challenges. Undoubtedly, you want your patients, clients and loved ones to remain healthy and live life to the full as they get older. However, it can be easy to lose sight of how to keep them well when age doesn’t come alone! Whereas mainstream healthcare only tends to focus on managing illness, it’s the combination of conventional, lifestyle and holistic approaches that brings our attention back to ‘wellness’.
Join NCIM at this one-day online Forum to explore what it means to age well, what we can learn from our elders, and finally, whether we’re ready for our own old age or that of our loved ones.
We’ll be talking about….
- The challenges of medical care in later life
- Holistic, whole person systems that support health and longevity
- Reducing the risk of dementia with nutrition
- Co-designing wellbeing services for people in later life
- Fasting to decelerate the ageing process and support cellular renewal
- How dance can support physical, mental and emotional health
- Mentally preparing for death so we can live productive and happy lives
- What keeps older people well – listening to their priorities
Why you’ll want to attend
- You’ll gain knowledge to use in your holistic practice and life right away
- You’ll hear the perspectives of older people and what matters to them
- You’ll be able to ask questions and interact with our speakers
- You’ll make new connections in the Integrative Healthcare community
- You’ll enjoy an immersive wellbeing experience
- You’ll gain 5 hours of CPD
Standard: £50 Full Day | £25 Half Day Society for Integrative Healthcare Member: £45 | £22.50 Half Day