Holistic – discover
The Human Qualities of Being Holistic:
- Compassionate – to yourself and others;
- Wise – practising the exercise of judgment leads to knowing when to trust yourself (and when you need help);
- Self-caring – if you do not care for yourself you cannot care for others (put your oxygen mask on first!);
- Community-minded – the community is the source of health (when unhealthy it requires your help);
- Empowered – through being with and working with others; we are all feeble on our own;
- Resilient – by being flexible, adaptable, agile and alert in your ways of being;
- Meaningful – being aware that we humans all need meaning in our lives; you can help others to find meaning;
- Intuitive – knowing we have inside us faculties that are mysterious and wonderful;
- Integrated – in a fragmented society we must find ways of making sense of complexity;
- Balanced – if you are lopsided you are more likely to fall over, or riding a bicycle means moving the handlebars;
- Connected – we are all part-of one another, nature, the world; being part-of entails being responsible-for.
This is not about perfection
– we are all crooked timber.
It is about openness to ourselves and others.